The Sherryl Kintu Scholarship has been set up as a tribute to, and in recognition of, the passions and interests of Sherryl Kintu. Sherryl was a dedicated employee of Global University Systems for over nine years where she rose from Executive Assistant to a Director level position.
Sherryl sadly passed away in April 2021. Sherryl was passionate about the Entrepreneurial spirit of Black women while also highly creative in the Arts. The award has been set up to support students with the same passion and ambition throughout their time at University.
What is the award amount?
1 full-fee award for a student beginning their course in September / October 2022. The award would be for the duration of the undergraduate programme.
What are the eligibility criteria?
You will need to:
- have received an offer for one our undergraduate courses
- meet the Widening Participation criteria
- have the highest score in the online assessment
- demonstrate passion, drive and business/entrepreneurial acumen through your personal statement in your course application
- require financial support (further details/evidence may be required regarding financial need).
How do I apply?
- Follow the scholarships link in your offer letter
- Add your Widening Participation details to the form
- Complete the online scholarships assessment
- We’ll review your personal statement from your course application, so you don’t need to submit this again
- We’ll then shortlist up to 3 candidates who will be reviewed by the Sherryl Kintu Scholarship Committee who will select a winner based on the above criteria.
What is the application deadline?
Sunday 3rd July 2022
When will the winners be announced?
Thursday 18th August 2022
Click here for more information.