Gates Cambridge Scholarships is open for International Students Students from any nationality other than UK. The scholarship allows Masters, PhD level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects few exceptions taught at University of Cambridge . The deadline of the scholarship is Oct/Dec/Jan.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships were established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000 with a $210 million endowment to enable outstanding graduate students from outside the United Kingdom to study at the University of Cambridge. The awardees are given funding for postgraduate study at the University for the duration of the degree. The award includes all tuition costs and a maintenance allowance, currently £13,300, and a return economy airfare. Scholars are also able to access travel funds for conferences, have exclusive use of recreational and social facilities, and participate in an annual retreat to the lake district. The first scholars arrived at Cambridge in October 2001, and the Scholarship celebrated its 10th anniversary in July 2010.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at University of Cambridge.
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- PGCE• MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Students from any nationality other than the UK are eligible to apply.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers
- tuition fees
- maintenance allowance
- travel costs
- visas, etc.
- It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
- Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.