Call for PHD Scholarship Applications: Icipe – African Insect Science for Food and Health in partnership with African University partners calls for applications for doctoral research fellowships under the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Science (ARPPIS).
Icipe considers capacity building of individual researchers and institutions in Africa an integral part of all its research and development activities.
The ARPPIS programme offers 3 year doctoral research fellowships, aimed at preparing young scholars from Africa for regional leadership roles as well as internationally competitive research careers, in arthropod-related sciences.
Doctoral fellowship will be available for successful applicants.
- Specific qualifications are listed below the research topic. Applicants must have Bsc and Msc degrees with a minimum award of upper 2nd class degree or equivalent.
- Should be nationals of African countries.
- Maximum age of 36 years (men) 40 years (women) at time of application.
- Eligible for registration in one of the ARPPIS member universities.
- Application criteria:
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed application form, including the title of the proposed research work to be undertaken during the PHD programme.
- Current CV.
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts of degree courses taken.
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic and/or professional referees.
- Letter of nomination for training by the employer if employed.