About the Award
- Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
- “Do you think that the lock down during the Covid-19 pandemic was an essential measure in spite of the hardship it brought economically?
- What would you have done differently and why?”
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessement.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition.
- N2.5 million educational grant.
- N2 million educational grant.
- N1.5 million educational grant.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address). Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
UBA House (15th Floor),
57, Marina – Lagos State.
Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.